This year I've really turned to podcasts to serve as entertainment and education for many of those quieter moments like unloading groceries, driving and even working out (we won't count that one as quiet). I tend to gravitate toward inspiration, health and wellness and advice for entrepreneurs with the occasional story telling podcast such as "S-Town". I'd recommend this to anyone who may not have the time to sit and read, but wants to constantly absorb new information. Below is a list of my top 5, I'd love to hear about your favorites too!
1. The School of Greatness: I've been listening to this one for a while now, and the guests just keep getting better and better. Created by former pro football player, Lewis Howes, this podcast offers up weekly interviews with a wide range of inspiring guests, as well as weekly shorter tips geared toward helping live your best life. Lewis has branched off into online courses as well and even has an annual conference. His charisma naturally comes through the show and the guests that he chooses are fascinating.
2. The Goal Digger Podcast: More of a show geared toward online entrepreneurs, this podcast created by Jenna Kushner offers both practical and meaningful ways to both grow your business and find joythrough the process. Jenna is an expert on all things Instagram, and I've learned so much from her just through this show. She's also an eternal optimist and someone whose energy I feel lucky to benefit from through her words of wisdom.
3. The Brendan Show: This show created by top performance coach Brendon Burchard is one of my favorites. Yes, I'm a sucker for personal development but there are truly valuable lessons to be had in this podcast. Brendan has started sharing more of a behind the scenes look into how he makes his hugely successful business work, as well as weekly tips and strategies for finding success in any area of life.
4. The Mind Body Green Podcast: If you are at all a wellness junkie like me, you are going to need this one in your life now. Mind Body offers a fascinating array of subjects in the world of wellness today, and always seems to have the best creators on to discuss their stories. If you haven't checked out this website, I suggest you get on it. It offers advice and super helpful information for anyone trying to navigate the often confusing world of health and wellness today.
5. The Gary Vee Radio Experience: There are so many podcasts I love - it was difficult choosing this last one, but I'm going to have to go with one of my favorite entrepreneurs - Gary Vaynerchuck. You can read his completely inspiring story, and his podcast is a perfect reflection of his never ending quest for information and love for sharing his opinions and advice. Note: you'll want to make sure your kids are NOT in the room for this one - he loves to curse. Despite some of the gimmicks that I find he uses in his speeches, he is always ahead of the curve in terms of social media trends and has built a huge business through very hard work and massive determination. This one is a must.
What are your favorites? Let me know in the comments!