I'm starting to wind down my day to day activities and shift my focus to full on Thanksgiving preparation. I don't think I'm alone judging from the number of people I see running around this week trying to get everything done early!
Thanksgiving is hands down my favorite holiday. I can't wait to focus on food, family and just enjoying the day.
A few of my thoughts below on how I am going to enjoy my Thanksgiving this year:
- Planning - doing as much as I can ahead of time. Prepping dinner starting tomorrow so that day of I have as little I have to do as possible. My goal is to actually have a heavy day of cooking tomorrow (Wednesday) so that Thursday I'm relaxed and ready to have fun.
- Don’t take myself so seriously - everyone is coming to my house to spend time as a family. if everything isn’t perfect it’s going to be A-OK!
- It’s about gratitude. I’m going to remind myself of my blessings and focus on the little things that make me happy so that I don’t get derailed or off track with small frustrations.
- Plan ahead - I LOVE Thanksgiving and tend to get a little down afterwards thinking of everything I have to get done before Christmas and the impending cold weather. I'm planning a fun weekend of entertaining friends, tree shopping, holiday decorating, and planning out local activities to do as a family in December.
- Eat! I plan to eat and enjoy it. 80/20 rule will be in full effect. I’m definitely going to have my favorite treats, but will also try to load up on veggies and keep the portion sizes under control.
How are you going to enjoy YOUR Thanksgiving this year? I’d love to hear, comment below! Whatever your plans, I hope you have a restful and joy filled day doing whatever it is that you love.