Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
I have yet to meet with 100% success getting my boys to convert to the granola bars I make, but I may have found a winner. These clean granola bars are made with coconut oil instead of butter, and just thin enough to make them a perfect after school or lunch treat for my guys. They had a little bite today, and so far I've gotten a thumbs up from all parties involved!
Give them a shot and let me know what you think!
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup rice crispies
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp oat flour
2 tbsp melted coconut or vegetable oil, or 2 tbsp nut butter of choice
1/4 cup raw agave or honey
2 tbsp brown sugar OR 1/16 tsp uncut stevia
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips, or sub dried fruit of choice
1. Line an 8-inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Stir together all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Whisk liquid ingredients in a separate bowl, then stir dry into wet. Keep stirring until all of the batter is moist.
4. Transfer to the prepared pan. Press down firmly, using a second sheet of parchment or wax paper.
5. Cook on the center rack 18 minutes at 350 F, then press down firmly again.
6. Let cool completely before cutting into bars.