It's guacamole, it's edamame dip, it's....kinda both!!! I know, I know, it sounds strange but I promise this is worth a shot.
I think I've found my new favorite condiment for burgers, sandwiches, toast, noodles,...you get the idea. I hereby declare this my new summer staple....!
Give it a shot!
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 avocado - peeled, sliced with pit removed
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup parsley roughly chopped
- Defrost the edamame beans by placing them in a bowl of boiling water. Let them sit for a few minutes, then strain when defrosted.
- Put 3/4 cup of the edamame beans into Vitamix (food processor works here too) with the avocado, sesame oil, salt, cumin, lime zest and juice. Blend only for a minute or two until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the remaining edamame beans and the parsley and blend until just incorporated. At this point, you can keep blending if you want a completely smooth texture - you may need to add some water if you blender is seizing up. If you'd prefer it a bit chunkier, than you are done!
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and serve however makes you happy!