Gluten Free Superfoods Granola
Granola. Oh how I love thee. I have a confession though...it frustrates me! A lot of granola in stores is actually quite unhealthy (made with butter, copious amounts of salt and even sugar) and so far I've only found a few recipes for healthy granola that are relatively straightforward and quick to make.
I found this recipe from baker and cook extraordinaire Ambitious Kitchen and am in love. It incorporates a lot of ingredients, but don't let that intimidate you! It comes together quickly.
Getting in my superfoods in such a healthy way is always a good thing, and I feel like I may have found my go-to granola. This recipe is gluten free and is perfect for breakfast, or a super easy snack, this is going to fit into my busy spring perfectly!
See the recipe below, with my modifications.
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, dried figs or other dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add oats, oat flour, flaxseed meal, chia seeds, almonds, pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt to a large bowl and mix together.
- Add coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract to a small microwave-safe bowl and warm for 20 seconds, then stir. Keep warming and stirring until the coconut oil is completely melted. Pour over dry ingredients and mix very well until oats are completely coated.
- Next spread the granola evenly in the baking pan and bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes briefly remove the granola, stir and add dried fruit. Return granola to the oven and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until granola is slightly golden brown. Just pay close attention here - your oven may run hotter and require less time. Granola should be golden but not dark brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow the granola to cool completely on the baking sheet so that little clumps stay intact. Once cooled, transfer to an airtight container. Best used within 7-10 days. Makes 10 servings.