One Bowl Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies
I've seen a few breakfast cookie recipes online lately and was inspired to try my own. We are always looking for fast and different healthy breakfast options. With banana, oats and chocolate chips this one seemed to fit the bill! It's also gluten and dairy free AND vegetarian. Sign me up! My youngest son and husband seem to be the biggest fans of these so far, which is a win in my book! Other than the chocolate chips, these cookies are sweetened naturally.
Check out the recipe below, and happy Breakfasting!
Makes 18-24 cookies
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup smooth, unsweetened almond butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 ripe, mashed bananas
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups oat flour (I made this by tossing 2 cups of rolled, gluten free oats in the blender)
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled gluten free oats
- ⅓ cup ground flax seed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life brand for Dairy Free - I LOVE These), plus more for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl whisk the eggs until well combined.
3. Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, mashed bananas, almond butter and vanilla extract and whisk it all to combine.
4. Add oat flour, whole oats, flax, salt, and baking powder, stirring until well combined.
5. Add the chocolate chips and stir together gently.
6. Spoon heaping tablespoons of the dough onto 2 greased or non stick baking sheets, using your fingers to flatten each cookie. Top with 2-3 additional chocolate chips each if you like.
7. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
8. Serve the cookies immediately, store in an airtight container, or freeze for breakfasts or snacks.