Simple Stir Fry For A New Year
Ah the new year. A time when we are full of hope, full of resolution, full of....food. If you are anything like me, you are feeling kind of stuffed, sugar saturated and well, 'full' from the holidays. It's such a fun time of revelry and feasts, but this time of year I'm always craving something fresh and simple. Enter this super-easy stir fry inspired by Skinnytaste. This makes a great weeknight dinner or an easy way to usher in a new year of clean eating. The day after New Year's for me will be one spent with family, and this meal will definitely be a staple in the coming weeks as I try to keep it clean, and as always, keep it simple!
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce (or Braggs Liquid Aminos or Tamari for gluten free
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken tenders
- t tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup carrots, sliced diagonally
- scallions for garnish
1. Combine the soy sauce, lime juice, water and cornstarch in a small bowl, mix together and set aside.
2. Heat a saucepan over high heat and oil.
3. When the saucepan is hot, add the chicken. Stir fry, stirring occasionally until the chicken is cooked through and browned, about 3-4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove the chicken and set aside. Reduce heat to medium.
4. Add the remaining oil to the wok; add the garlic and ginger, stir for 20 seconds.
5. Add the sugar snap peas and carrots, stirring over medium high heat until tender but still a bit crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
6. Return the chicken to the wok, add the sauce, mix well and cook another 30 seconds to one minute.
7. Serve immediately and top with fresh scallions.