Black Bean Brownies
I'm always looking for clean desserts to make for my sons, all of whom have varying degrees of sweet preferences. Chocolate is almost always a winner, and this one with black beans cleverly disguised in it was a complete win. Black bean brownies maybe isn't the best title, but the finished product is less about beans and more about DELICIOUS.
This recipe is so easy to assemble and would make a fun project to do with your kids! Enjoy.
- 1 (15.5 oz ) can organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 large eggs (preferably vegetarian fed)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (*you can also use organic white sugar here)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips - dark chocolate chips (you can also use regular chocolate chips to make it non vegan)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x8 pan.
- Place beans in food processor and process until mashed.
- Add eggs, vanilla, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, sugar, and oil.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour into the greased banking pan and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.