No Cook Brownie Bites
I am always trying to find 'cleaned up' versions of my sweet favorites. I recently came across these on the Happy Healthy Mama site and decided to give them a try. Amazingly, they are made without any flour, oil, butter or refined sugar.
Although I had to pull out my food processor, they are only 4 ingredients and required no baking! Another plus....they were delicious. A fast, clean version of brownies for me is a great alternatives on days when I'm pressed for time or just want something simple to curb my chocolate cravings.
See below for the recipe with my modifications.
Makes 14 bites - Feel free to make them thicker or thinner based on your preference!
1/2 cup raw walnuts
3/4 cup dates - pitted
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- Pulse the walnuts in a food processor until they form a powder. Set aside.
- Put the dates in the processor and blend until they form a paste.
- Add the powdered walnuts back to the processor with the dates and add in the cocoa powder and peanut butter.
- Process until the mixture all comes together. You'll know it's done when you can press it between your fingers and it stays together.
- Remove the blade from the processor and form a ball with the dough.
- Press out dough flat onto a piece of parchment or wax paper.
- Form a rectangle approximately inches by 2-3 inches.
- Cut into squares using a knife or pizza cutter.
- Store at room temperature, but they may not last long!