Lemon Raspberry Muffins
There is a coat of snow on the ground, darkness is often close and the sun seems far. January and February can be long months here where I live in New Jersey.
How to inject an element of warmth and light into these days? CITRUS. This is the time of year when citrus shines, and I couldn't be more grateful. It's almost as if nature knows that we desperately need a dose of something bright and uplifting this time of year.
These lemon raspberry muffins offer a burst of sweetness to brighten up any day, whether you live in a warm or cold climate. The fact that they are grain and gluten free...well, that's just the icing on the cake! I plan to use these for my sons' lunches and for myself with a nice cup of tea, when I need that sunshine to be just a little bit closer.
Servings: 12 Muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened in microwave
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup frozen raspberries - or fresh if you can get them
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Oil a muffin pan with coconut oil spray
- In a medium bowl, mix the coconut flour, sea salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add in melted coconut oil, honey, lemon juice and zest. Mix together.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir.
- Add the raspberries and distribute evenly, mixing gently. Do not over mix!
- Fill the muffin pans 3/4 full and bake for 22-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool and serve.